Insurance Plans Acceptance

Went for appointment to renew contact lens prescription.The charge for the exam was to be $99.

While chatting to Dr I asked if improvements had been made to multi-focal contact lenses. She said "oh yes would you like to try a pair?" I said sure I'd like to see if they work for me" . She fitted me with a trail pair and said"try those for a few days to see if you like them" After wearing the multi-focals for 2 days I decided they were not for me, went back to My EyeDr to get my regular single vision contacts. I was told my single vision contacts were the same price ($84/box of 6) as the multi-focal lenses.

I went to pay my bill which included and discovered a $155 fee for Multi-Focal contact exam, above the $99 regular contact exam fee. No one ever told me there would be an up charge of $155 for handing me a pair of multi focal contacts and telling me to try them for a few days. I was upset by the over $600 final bill so when I got home I did some research. I found online I could buy the exact same contacts for $24 a box, not $84/box which is what My EyeDr was charging me.

I disputed the multi-focal lens exam up charge that I was not infomed of at the time of the exam. Also Dr Frey is a bossy little thing with a haughty attitude. I WOULD NEVER recommend this rip of joint to anyone!!!

Get an exam at Walmart and order your own contacts on line.You have a better experience and save a boat load of $$$$

Review about: Contact Lenses.

I didn't like: Rip off overvcharge for contacts.